Monday, August 20, 2012

Nicola Mascall carpet complete !

This evening I finished the little Persian carpet/ rug, designed by Nicola Mascall.  I needed to fringe it, and always ( I mean : always) forget how I did that. There are several excellent tutorials on the web, a.o. Janet Granger's  and Anna-Carin Betzen's , but  they did not work for me , somehow. So finally I went off to my own tutorial to find the stitch I wanted :-) and yes, this worked.

                                                               Taaadaa: here it is :



                                  And here it is in its own home, bathroom of my Kendrew House:


                      Now on to the next projects ! I seem to be in the swing of things again .





6 comments:

  1. Ha and you send other people to your own tutorial just the other day, glad it worked for you too ;-)

    Love the colors, it really looks good, my bathroom is too small for such a beauty in there, I can only dream of such luxuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Elly,

    Wat een prachtig kleed heb je gemaakt. Wat een werk...mijn complimenten.

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're carpet looks perfect, another wonderfull project finished.
    Looking forward to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yet again, you must have the patience of a saint! I can't seem to settle for anything for that length of time and then they end up as UFO's ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elly it's lovely! You certainly finished it quickly. And it looks perfect in the bathroom (how luxurious is that!). It's great to see that you are able to do some stitching for yourself again after doing that enormous (but gorgeous) carpet for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words! Of course, Nicola is the real artist, as she desgns and I merely stitch (y'know. needle in, needle out, but I do locve stitching loverly things.
    Btw, the first bathrooms were basically normal rooms, designed for bathing, so nicer to see than our hygienic tile things.I would not exactly put a Persian rug into my RL bathroom, either :-)

    ReplyDelete