Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Long time no see

I had some busy months , however and rather sad.
In March ( March 15) I had to take leave of Jojo, my big red kitty, who has been with me since about 17 years . She was a yong stray, wandering around the hospital where I worked and I adopted her. Although she was scared and grumpy during the first years she was with me, she became a really cuddly cat who could purr loudly . I really do miss her .

                                                   

                                                     Here are two pics of her :



                               This one I made when she had snatched a nice Amazon box - too small, so a                                                                perfect fit in her kitty thoughts !




       This one was made last summer , while she was basking in the sun on my balcony.


        And within 5 weeks on April 25, my poor Fluffy also went over the Rainbow Bridge.                                                
                                         This pic was taken when she was still a young kitty.

               

                                        And this is the very last pic I took  of him, poor little guy.






Tiffany and I do miss them both  !!!
Goodbye little friends.

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear it Elly. I know what a huge hole in your life and heart it leaves when a pet passes away. Big Hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. I loved them both dearly and miss them a great deal.

      Delete
  2. I too am so sorry to hear about the loss of your two beloved cats Jojo and Fluffy. I like to think that God has a special place for our animals in heaven, or as another blogger has beautifully expressed it, a big field of "Catnip in the Sky".

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, I prefer to believe that too, they give so much love.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear your loss :(
    My too cats are still young - so I hope I have many-many years with them to share and I don't even want to think how I will feel then when that day comes..
    But I do know how you feel - I have lost within few year our beloved dog Rekku (he was about 17 when he past) and almost two years ago we lost our daughters little pet bunny Windy.. Whom I felt very close - I was the one who spent most time with her..
    Even that the time has gone by, I still miss them every now and then - mostly Windy, but I guess it's just because her passing is within a shorter period of time.. But I still feel a bit angry momentarily when I remember how someone said to me that I was silly to be so sad cause it was "just" an animal.. Clearly came from a person who's never had a pet..

    Time will heal - even if it doesn't feel like it.
    And you always have your loving memories of them to keep in your heart. Treasure them and be thankful for the time you had with them :)
    Take care.
    Hugs, Irina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elly,
    I am so sorry for your loss. they were just beautiful.
    You are in my thoughts.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac, I love all compassionate replies to these postings. Furkids can mean such a lot .

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your lovely reply, Irina . I have never forgotten any of my furkids that passed on - but there is always room for a new furkid if possible ...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ach wat een verdriet in korte tijd twee katten te moeten missen. Sterkte!
    Groetjes, Roelie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dank je Roelie. Ik heb nu een alleen katje, kleine Tiffany , en ben bezig met gezelschap voor haar. Momenteel heb ik een " probeerpoesje" , ik weet alleen nog niet of het met die twee gaat lukken :-) . Ik hoop het maar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Elly...
    Furbabies are such members of the family and it does leave a hole in your heart when they pass away. I am so very sorry to read that you have lost two dear little souls in recent weeks...thinking of you and sending sympathy for the loss of your special and much loved pets. Alayne in Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete