Monday, June 1, 2015

Rheda !!! Long post , many pics.

Yesterday I visited the ( yearly ) fair in Rheda, Germany. If traffic is heavy , it can be a very arduous trip, but I was lucky this tme, esp in the morning. Roads were nearly empty so I could floor it ( and I did :-) ) . I even arrived before official opening time, a first for me .

I did restrain myself a bit. I missed several regular sellers, like Julie Campbell and Jain Squires (maybe too soon after Kensington) ; others were there allright, though. Unfortunately forgot to buy some things thatI saw while ambling about, but hope to be able to take care of that sometime later on !

Today I unpacked most of my treasures. 

These two little cherubs were made by Victoria Heredia  ( no website, sorry ). She makes them by hand, are incredibly tiny. Will look great on any fireplace- in a grand house, that is.




Time for tea at Miniaturen Schneider. I had hoped for some sandwiches, too, as they do make the most realistic sandwiches for a teaparty I have ever seen , but these were absent yesterday, alas.




So to comfort myself I bought some additional stuff from Georgia Marfels 



This time no rats or meeces , but rest assured, I WILL be back and she too, life permitting :-)

This little gel from Ankinaki dolls was whining so loudly that I decided to adopt her, providing she stopped bellowing of course 




I gave her a little sleepy cat from Shirley Scheibehenne, probably helped,too to stifle that horrid sound.



Was obvertaken by a wild desire to make a addict of one of the male dolls when I saw this ginormous needle, added an equally ginormous corkscrew. Saw some small plant here too, will do nicely for 1/24 scale:



I had heard of Vitreus Ignis from people who visited the Bishop Show in Chicago ; they were at this fair for the first time. The lady graciously allowed me to take pics at her stand :














And this is what I bought :







Got this little paperweight for free :-)


Of course, I also had to visit Elisabeth Bettler ( or Elisabeth Causeret, never sure which, she is a  lovely lady , unfortunately no website), to get more porcelain in halfscale , which I always loooove!

here is her stand, smaller scales on top ( halfscale on the right two rows, quarter scale on the left)






Caught some more nice halfscale pottery :



Headed for Susan Bembridge's stand , sorry , no pics now, was for wallpaper and flooring. Quality is outstanding. Wallpapers  safely rolled up for now, I am not going to disturb them , but here  you can see the design , the blue one. It is for the roombox, pics later on this post !

Then on to Ray Storey , as I wanted lights for selfsame box.






then some kits from Arjen Spinhoven 



                               ( these pics were nicked from his website to show you what I saw at the fair)
 




Be sure to check out his website , he has such great chests , some BIGGIES as well !

OK and now the roombox that I ordered at the latest Dutch fair from John Kilner at No1 Elite designs...
It is massive, it is oak, and of outstanding quality. Hmm, seems a  shame to use wallpaper, maybe use templates . Will see .

Front in place ( glaring, of course)


                                   Front glass closes with 4 small magnets, just like that.


                                 Wiring on the back , can chooose battery run or trafo




Inside. All panels can be lifted out. I have got extra sets of all of the with a blanc back too. Plus skirting. Plus a spare ceiling.It is lit, but that is hard to see/show in daylight. I have two packs of different background pics, they can be exchanged quite effortlessly using the selfsame little magnets. Lighting of the background is done by a vertical row of LEDs on both sides, like theater light spots.







And now sagging down , Hope you are still alive. But if you are, try to check out the websites, so many loverly things out there....:-)

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! The roombox is splendid!
    Hugs
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Ewa ! I love this fair, although -being a lazy gel- I always dread the journey :-)

      Delete
  2. Oooh how envious I am no fairs for me this year! You have bought some wonderful little treasures thank you for sharing them I love to see what different makers there are out there. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame no fairs for you this year, Ali :-( , they are always fun ,whether or not one is buying much. One sees such a lot of things, gets ideas, sees what is made "out there in the big world" too.

      Delete
  3. What wonderful treasures! I love the room box. I'm looking for one, and will see what I can find on his site. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can adjust the room to your specific wishes, Karen, so if you are seriously interested, you can contact John and see what is possible.
      I always love this fair as it is such a great mixture of artisan, simple and DIY ! Both big and smaller - and smallest (1/144) ,too :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow, Elly! You really had a great time at the fair! Love all your treasures - especially, of course, the black glass cat and panther - and that roombox is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Pat. Yes , I knew you would like the black cat :-) ! The roombox is really wonderful, I am very happy with it. Think it is worth every penny, given the precision and care given to making it.

      Delete
  5. Wat een mooie miniatuurtjes heb je gekocht. De roombox is echt heel mooi! Is je geadopteerde popje al gewend bij je of staat haar mondje nog wijd open?

    Groetjes Helma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je ! Eeeeh,ik heb maar een prop in d'r mond geduwd ! Lekker rustig nu.

      Delete
  6. Hi Elly! Your purchases from the show are all Marvelous to see! I am so impressed by the quality of what you purchased and the room box...... is worth its weight in gold! How exciting!!! :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth ! You are right about the roombox ; given the quality and artisanship given to it I am convinced it is really worth each and every penny , I love it. I am quite happy with my purchases, too :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is an impressive haul! Love the roombox and the cats of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Idske. Well worth the race there and back this time, I think :-)

      Delete
  8. Hi Elly,
    Rheda is allways a great show to visit and it looks like you've done a good job in finding neat little pieces for your collection as well.
    The miniature glass is just wonderfull and the pottery from Elisabeth Causeret allways seem to find it's way into my shoppingbag.
    The roombox looks wonderfull, looking forward to see what kind of scene you will make for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A collection of lovely goodies Elly, you did very well. The roombox is great, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. The figures are very appealing and you have lots of wonderful food. What a shame that Elisabeth doesn't have a web site - the pottery is gorgeous and it is rare to find such nice pieces in the smaller scales.

    ReplyDelete