Friday, July 20, 2012

Happily stitching again

On a nice little carpet ( kit I bought from Nicola Mascall at the Arnhem fair).  I first set op the borders , to make them meet, using the patterns in them, then set up everything in the centrefield and I am now in the process of doing background. To avoid boredom, I change between borders and centrefield all the time. Actually, there are so many motifs that I don't have much chance getting bored !

This is where I am now, after about 6 weeks .

( I scanned it, so it is not much of a  pic, but you get the idea :-) )

5 comments:

  1. Looking great Elly, you have stitched a lot in 6 weeks! I am sure you are enjoying stitching a rug that won't take years to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous! :D This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Elly, you certainly have made great progress in 6 weeks! I just happened to have been looking at Nicola's web page tonight, admiring her kits and wondering what to order and I know that all of her designs are on very fine silk mesh, so you really have done well. Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really quite stunning, good work, I look forward to seeing in completed.
    Hugs
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow !! Is the only word that comes to my mind after seeing this picture...

    ReplyDelete