Friday, March 23, 2012

Alex Meiklejohn pottery

To be honest, I had never heard of this wonderful craftsman, but then , that goes for many more excellent makers who live across the pond and do appear in Chicago or other shows ( tip: if you want to discover makers you  have never heard of, browse the websites of shows as much as you can !!!)

Anywya, this guy's work was discussed some weeks ago in CAMP and so I got curious, as his work was highly spoken of. So off I went  to SP miniatures ( although f.i. Swan House miniatures also sell his work, as does Holly) .

My order came in yesterday and yes, the pottery is DELIGHTFUL !!!

Alex sure can use the sales , as he has some financial troubles right now ( not due to his own fault), so if anyone gets greedy from these pics, please don't hold back....:-)










4 comments:

  1. Beautiful mini ceramics. Thanks for the link.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes me right back to Mom-in-Law's kitchen, they are stunning Elly, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few of his pieces, too. Beautiful craftsmanship. :D

    ReplyDelete