Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Big Bugger again...

Here is the latest update on my Big Bugger of a Boria . As you can see, I have half of the ginormous rug behind me by now. Meaning I have stitched about 100.000 plus stitches (and frogged many of them , too). The chart is not that hard, but sometimes one gets a blind spot and one has to make the same piece over and over, because it does not come out right. Sigh. I am counting impaired....Yes, right, I am whining big time over this baby!

Re: my patient: yesterday I had a heart-to-heart with Floris's vet; I needed some input from someone who knows him, his history, and who knows me, too. He advised me to have a go at painkillers and look if the guy still enjoys life. Floris took the painkiller rather graciously ( he does not dislike them and they work quite well).Well, he obvioulsy still does- he stole my salmon pate last night.
Of course, we do not have much time together any more, but I do honestly not think he is really suffering right now.If/when I think he does,I will let him go, of course.

3 comments:

  1. Those rugs are quite a challenge, I commend you for attempting it. I know I'd be pulling out stitches regularly!

    Oh, poor kitty. At least he is not in pain now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting this far with the BBB, it looks great and thanks for the news about Floris, I was wondering about him last night, I think you were happy he stole your salmon pate!?!?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rug--amazing! I'm so glad Floris isn't in pain while he enjoys his time with you. Good appetite is a very good sign. He has excellent taste in snacks, BTW. :-)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete