Friday, July 10, 2009

Cats' lovely things in the kitchen


Four- and-twenty blackbirds, hidden in a pie....

Of course , cats do not belong on the kitchen table .

OOOOHHH? REALLY ?

But what about this blackbird pie , conveniently standing there and tempting every cat worth his ( or her ) salt to have a go at it ! I mean , really !
This wonderful pie was baked by Maureen Ballantyne, who was one of the first (as far as I know ) to make these kind of humorous miniatures.

Another lovely thing is the batch of fish lying there, and nothing be done with it for now. If I were a cat, I would be hanging about there, too....

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, where did you hear that cats don't belong on tables? You might as well say they don't belong on beds, or mantles, or ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaahaa , good point , I am afraid. My cats ( the RL ones ) are everywhere...

    ReplyDelete