Hmm, not quite a success, although most parts do look decent now or are going well.
Big disaster struck when I worked on the fireplaces. As per instructions, I let the filler I used dry thoroughly before chiseling stonework. That was a non-starter!!!! I chiseled and chiseled and chiseled....Could not chisel the inside, at all, so the fireplaces are a mess.
Here you can see what happened...:
Honest, they are an eyesore, even if it does not look too bad on the pic. I was ready to bin the whole cottage, as these fireplaces are so central to construction, plus they hit you in the eye as soon as you open the cottage.
Fortunately Tony ( Mr Bea) has promised me to send me an extra set, so I can prepare all other parts of the cottage and as soon as I have made new and decent fireplaces, it will be easy going..
The chimney stack was OK, I let the filler dry only so much before scribing into it:
( dont look too much at the color, is still under revision and looks better by the time I am typing this)
The walls have been mucked up :
They look nice and dirty ! Maybe some extra "mould".
Meanwhile I have taken up roofing, hope that will turn out OK :-) !!