Friday, November 2, 2012

Painting by Kay Burton



Some time ago I saw an article written about Kay Burton who makes lovely paintings. As I was searching for something over an overmantle in my roombox and no mirror that I saw would fit ( usually too big, or too small and wrong shape) I contactd her and asked whether she would de prepared to paint something for me ( "romantic lady in blue ";if you are an opera lover, you will know the Zefirelli version of La Traviata).To specific size, like the gent who buys 300 meters of book at the auction house to fill the library !

As you can see, she came up trumps!

Here is the pic she sent me 





                                                and here it is in its new home



                     ( yeah I know, roombox is rather empty as yet, will get better by time :-) )

7 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtig schilderij heeft ze voor je gemaakt Elly. Je kat vind ik trouwens ook ergggg mooi :)

    Fijn weekend en groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Elly, I think the painting looks much better than what a mirror would have looked in this delightful cream/white?? room and it ties in wonderfully with your blue and white china. I wonder.... is there room for a nice sewing table in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachtig schilderij, ik vind ook dat het beter staat dan een spiegel vooral op deze manier, je zou er nl inkijken en dan is de illusie verloren. Het is helemaal niet zo leeg, gewoon 'nog niet kompleet'. Zo kun je tenminste alles goed zien en wat er al in staat is allemaal even beeldig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful painting. Adds elegance to your beautiful fireplace.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elga, I think a little sewing table would look very nice in there!

    ReplyDelete