Friday, July 9, 2010

Working on another doll



I have loads of nekkid dolls. Amongst them was this beauty, made , wigged and decorated and bejewelled by Stacy Hofman .
Because of the green colors in her jewels and hair decorations , I searched high and low for fabric to go with it.
This brocade was the best I could come up with ; unfortunately it does not sit well in a victorian dress, or at least the one I had planned for her.
So I gave her this vaguely Edwardian one(based on Emilie by Cynthia Howe, from an earlier class) with some modifications and additions of mine. Now for the fun part : I still need a lot to do to this dress, I think most of it will be making lotsa roses, either silk or cold porcelain ones. Anyone seeing this any ideas ??? Each suggestion welcome !

1 comment:

  1. Elly, I think the dress is great! Unfortunately I'm the last person to ask for suggestions on this sort of thing. I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete