Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Restoring my ego




Yesterday was very frustrating! Not only the doll ( I glued her arm again this morning and haven't looked at her since), but also , just before I went to bed , my new computer went crazy and died on me.
Today it was rebooted again and it seems to work now.

To get my sanity back, I dived onto a side table kit , made by McQueenies . It went together like a dream , like all their kits ( warmly recommended!!!) and after the assembly had dried , I shellacqed the lot , as I had learnt from Larry , a great woodworker who happily shares lots of his knowledge. I had received loads of flakes from Pat in Arizona, a lovely friend, and shellac is so easy to work with and gives such a lovely finish!

Thank you to Hazel ( Minis4all, who organizes the on line workshops), to Lynne and Bernard ( who made up these kits), to Larry and to Pat.
And thanks to David, my computer guru , who kicked my laptop back into shape.

3 comments:

  1. The table looks wonderful!
    Glad you got the computer back up and running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elly, the table came out looking super! Good job!
    Hahaha, I love the picture of it with the cat. Glad you're having a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!I can never help trying to build jokes into my dolls houses.

    ReplyDelete