Friday, September 7, 2012

And something more...

To my great delight I was able to buy ( on Ebay) this WONDERFUL little roombox, built by Shane Downes .
I fell for it big time ,as the craftsmanship is great ( like it does show up in all pics of the earlier works I saw of his work). This is the first piece in 1/12 scale he has built, and as I am not really inyo smaller scales, I had let them pass- although regretfully, I must say.
This, however, is  a nice little project that will even easily fit onto my windowsill

I think I will make it a small second hand bookshop with an old, seedy looking man for a bookseller in it , but I haven't quite decided yet.Any other ideas , please let me know. Not a grocer, though ( have got one ), nor a pub ( have got a very grisly one) .  Hmm, I could do some Harry Potter thing , maybe...:-)


9 comments:

  1. WOW! That's nice! Make sure you share his contact info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elly!! Eventjes geleden, veel te doen in real life ;)! Dit is werkelijk een heerlijk projectje om te doen, wat dacht je van zo'n oud stoffig postkantoortje?
    Groetjes, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done ! (link will come up when you click his name,now highlighted)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this little building. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Pat
    petitemoonbeams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik heb even gekeken op de blog van Shane: hemeltje, wat een mooi werk, zeg!! Je kunt jammer genoeg alleen geen volger van zijn blog worden :(. Maar dat komt nog zegt ie bij "contact".
    Bedankt voor deze link, Elly!
    Done?? Je maakt een postkantoortje...........echt? Leuk!!!
    Fijn weekend, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, I like you bookshop idea and also Ilona's post office idea, the box also makes me think of a bank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elly that is beautiful! When it is called the four candles (fork handles) it has to be a Hardware store!! After all that was what Shane had in mind when he made it.
    Chelle, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be interested in seeing what you do with it Elly. I personally favour the bookstore but whatever you choose the result will be delightful I know. Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete